WORK STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
Shen Wei Dance Arts will offer a limited number of work-study positions to help defray the cost of tuition. Positions will be offered based on both need and merit. Only partial tuition will be covered by these positions. Tuition reduction will be greatest for those students able to provide work study hours in NYC between Jan. 2 and Jan. 5, 2018 and/or between Dec. 26 and Dec. 29, 2017.
To be considered, work study applicants must have fully completed their registration, including payment of 1/2 of tuition and registration fee, if applicable. Work Study applications must be submitted no later than November 10th, 2017. Applicants will be notified no later than November 20th. (Full tuition refunds granted for requests made on or before November 20.)
To apply, please send the following materials to Diane@shenweidancearts.org by November 10, 2017.
- Brief Statement outlining your availability to be in NYC during the above mentioned dates.
- One page statement of need.
- Proof of need: the first page of your parent's or guardian’s tax return, if you are declared a dependent, or your own return if you are not a dependent. (You are welcome to black out social security number(s) and address.)
- Resume. Please include dance and non-dance work experience and computer skills.
- A letter of recommendation from someone familiar with your dancing—a faculty member, choreographer, or artistic director—and someone who can attest to your administrative or other work skills
- 3 minute long (maximum) video of your dancing. If the sample is from a group performance, please indicate how to identify you. Please submit the video via steaming link (Vimeo, YouTube). If longer than 3 minutes, please provide cue times.
If you have any question or concerns about the work-study process, please contact Pengying@shenweidancearts.org.