Shen Wei Dance Arts Seeks Development and Administrative Associate
Shen Wei Dance Arts, one of the world's foremost dance companies renowned for its "gorgeous visual imagery" (London Times), seeks a Development and Administrative Associate with a keen attention to detail and the ability to work independently and in a team setting. Primary responsibilities include donation tracking and acknowledgements; assisting the Director of Development with donor cultivation, special event planning, grant applications, volunteer and intern recruitment; and other administrative duties to support the organization.
- Manage and maintain Company database (DonorTools), with special attention to donors and ticket buyers.
- Generate and edit donor acknowledgement letters
- Implement donor benefits and draft print and online support materials
- Help to organize donor events (such as an upcoming Patron Tour to Art Basel/Miami Beach) and the annual fundraising gala
- Assist the Director of Development in preparing grant applications
- Design email blasts (MailChimp) and other marketing materials
- Assist in recruiting and training volunteers and interns
- Book studio rentals for company rehearsals
- Coordinate mass mailings
- Perform other administrative tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Knowledge of the arts world very helpful, with specific awareness of modern dance
- Keen attention to detail
- Must have excellent writing, superior editing, and strong English language skills
- Adept problem solver
- Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Donor Tools or other fundraising/relational database software helpful
- Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign or similar graphic programs is a plus
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Must be open to learning new skills
- Must have some flexibility to work longer hours during peak work times and be willing to work evening and weekend hours when required
- Position is part-time permanent; average commitment of 24 hours per week expected
- Salary based on experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.
Shen Wei Dance Arts is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.